Sometimes user wants to generate the report in Excel file from specification generator for various specifications like Main Size, catalog, End conditions, class and other specifications. The Spec generator is a standalone application whose primary function is to manage specifications for use with Bentley’s AutoPLANT application.
When designers build a model, the set of available components and size ranges is determined by the active specification. Designers can store require information of catalog and specification in Excel file.
This article explains how to generate the report for specifications in Excel file using Specification Generator. To follow this wiki article user should be familiar with fundamental knowledge of Excel.
Steps to Accomplish
1. Select SpecGen.
2. Click on SpecGen Report Generator
3. Select Desired Project, Sample Metric here
4. Create a new report
5. Go to File and select New Report option
6. Select Spec as per your requirement and select the component for which you want to generate report.
7. Select the component sizes as per your requirement to Generate Report
8. Select Create New Report option and save the report
9. We can see the Generated report in Excel File
If above problem still persist, then please create a Service Request and contact the Bentley Product Advantage group. Please include a list of all relevant details to get in depth analysis for a solution or workaround.
Bentley's Product Advantage Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!