Windows 7 ,8.1(64 bit)
Devendra Warke, Bentley Product Advantage Group
Slope in piping is provided to avoid accumulation of liquid in the pipeline. In order to place Sloping pipe in AutoPLANT Modeler, we can follow the following procedure wherein we can place sloped pipe as per Rise and Run option, by specifying the angle of slope :etc.
Keep the Info Mode “On”.
Define the Centerline Preferences as per requirements in the Centerline Preferences Dialog Box.
2. Place the initial segment, press “SPACEBAR” key and use the “Routing” dialog box that appears.
Here select any type of routing “Option” (ex- Rise Run).
In the following Tab insert the Slope values, check the angles and press OK.
Select either of options i.e. Towards/Away and continue pipe routing.
3. Go to “From Polyline” option. Select the Pipe Route and accept by pressing “SPACEBAR” key.
The color of pipe routes will change to pink.
4. Place End Fittings (ex. Flanges) as per requirement on the ends of the pipes.
5. Use the "AutoFit" option.
Select the pipe route and accept. Resolve any Intersection Failure if any.
You will observe the following.
6. Select the “AutoPipe” function.
Select the Pipe Route and Accept by pressing “SPACEBAR” key.
You will observe the below results; wherein sloped pipe will appear.
If above problem still persists, then please create a Service Request and contact the Bentley Product Advantage group. Please include a list of all relevant details to get in depth analysis for a solution or workaround.
Bentley's Product Advantage Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this Comments or Corrections?" section.