AutoPLANT Work Area Views may need to be placed at angles that do not parallel or perpendicular to the X or Y axis to create a layout drawing. Included is a basic procedure to create Work Area Views that at not set parallel or perpendicular to the X or Y axis.
Basic Work Area View creation is not covered in this Technote please review the AutoPLANT help files for details on
1. Place pipe at a 45 degree angle with 2 tees like the following example.
2. Type UCS in the command line
3. Enter OB for OBject
4. Select a component to align the UCS to
5. Once selected the UCS will be aligned with the pipe
6. In the Work Area View create a new view and set it to Front.
7. Change the Coordinates to use the current UCS alignment using the Coordinate System button
8. Set the current UCS as by pressing the UCS button
9. Pick the location of the view using Point 1 & 2 or "Pick View Area By Window.
10. Insert the view into paper space. Once inserted the view should look like the following.
Product TechNotes and FAQs
Plant TechNotes And FAQs
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this "Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!