08.11.10.XXX & Higher
Windows 7/8 (64 bit)
Swapnil Joshi, Bentley Product Advantage Group
BackgroundIn OpenPlant PID the user might want to move his Plant Project Database from one directory to another for Access Database. This wiki article gives step by step procedure to accomplish this requirement.
Step to Accomplish This is done in three steps:
A. Package the Project Database from an existing location.
B. Unpackage the Project Database in a New Location.
C. Associate OPPID Project with the newly unpackaged project database.
B. Unpackage the Project Database to a new location
11. Select Project Packager from Tools in Bentley Project Administrator.
12. Select Unpackage Project and click on Next.
13. Select the packaged Project Database and click on Open.
14. Select the location where the Project Database is to be unpackaged.
15. Click on Next and select the Database Type (in this case Access).
16. This will unpackage the Project Database to the given location. Confirm the Project ID and Project Root.
C. Associate OPPID Project with new Project Database
17. Open the relevant Project pcf file from WorkSpace.
18. Search for variables AP_PROJECT_ID and AP_PROJECT_ROOT in the pcf.
19. Map the variables with the values present in the Project Database.
20. Launch OpenPlant PID and open the documents one by one.
21. The drawing will prompt that the project ID has changed . Click on OK to accept.
22. In the File Menu, working offline must be disabled.
Bentley's Product Advantage Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this "Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!