Drawing flattener utility is used to create flatten drawings. It takes a model that is inserted into layout and then carries flattening of the drawing files.
It will also remove hidden lines from the view. This drawing flattener utility comes with AutoPLANT Modeler suit and it is not required to be purchased separately.
This Wiki article explains the steps that are required to be followed to generate flatten 2D drawings using Drawing Flattener.
1. Click on Bentley Plant V8i icon available on desktop.
2. To launch Drawing Flattener, Go to Tools
3. Select Drawing Flattener
4. To get more information on drawing flattener check Help file.
5. Select DWG file for which we want to create flattening from the Source. Go to File > Add Files to List
6. Drawing file is attached.
7. Select the layout that you want to use to create your flattened drawing.
8. Click on Start Flattening option to start flattening process.
9. Once the Flattening process is completed, it will display a Green mark in front of the file name. See below image.
10. Check the final output at the destination folder.
If above problem still persists, then please create a Service Request and contact the Bentley Product Advantage group. Please include a list of all relevant details to get in depth analysis for a solution or workaround.
Bentley's Product Advantage Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!