In project, there is requirement to create new specification as per design criteria. AutoPLANT Application has Spec Generator utility whose primary function is to generate specifications for use with AutoPLANT application.
All catalog and specification information is stored in an MDB (MS Access) database. The Spec Generator is used to build to this database and assign unique IDs to each component in the specification.
A specification is a Microsoft Access database that is basically a subset of catalog. Specifications can be edited or modified to suit unique requirements.
AutoPLANT Application provides several specifications for Imperial, Metric, and Mixed Metric units. The Spec Generator program enables you to build and customize the database specifications used with particular project.
This wiki article explains the steps to Create new Specification using Spec Generator utility.
1. Click on Bentley Plant V8i icon available on desktop.
2. To launch Specification Generator, Go to SpecGen and select Specification Generator.
3. Select desired Project as per your requirement.
4. To Create a new spec, enable this radio button as shown in the dialog below, then press OK
5. The New Spec dialog displays as shown below. Navigate to the directory for your spec to store and type file name as shown below and Press Open to create the spec database file.
6. This dialog enables you to select the catalog database from which to build your specification and press add a catalog to the Selected Catalogs list. Once you have the desired catalogs selected.
7. A specification is created by adding a series of spec section definitions and defining the constraint for each. SpecGen will create your spec by extracting records from the selected catalogs based on the constraints defined for these sections.
8. You can define the constraints that will be used to extract records from the catalog and add them to your spec database when you build the spec.
9. Continue to add sections to your spec by executing the Add New Section command and selecting the desired section from the list.
10. When finished adding sections and defining the constraint for each, select Specs > Build Spec > Build Entire Spec to build your specification.
11. The following dialog is displayed to indicate that the spec was built successfully.
If above problem still persists, then please create a Service Request and contact the Bentley Product Advantage group. Please include a list of all relevant details to get in depth analysis for a solution or workaround.
Bentley's Product Advantage Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!