Need help working from home with your Bentley software? We're here to help - click here
This Technical Bulletin will describe how to upgrade previous versions of the CATT dialog code to run in the new V8i format. As always if a project has been created in previous versions of AutoPLANT such as XM or 2004 Edition they will have to be upgraded. If the client wishes to upgrade the 2004 or XM project and use it in V8i Edition in AutoPLANT P&ID they will have to upgrade the CATT Dialog's Rebcompdlgs.dll code as well. The Rebcompdlgs.dll resides in the ..\PROJECTNAME\STANDARDS\ folder location. This upgrade must take place as the previous Rebcompdlgs.dll code is now looking at older dlls and the draftsman will receive errors on load of P&ID in V8i. V8i has renamed all the standard Bentley dll's and this is the main cause for the new references and compiled code changes.
Visual Studio 6.0 Professional Edition will be required to make the necessary updates in the internal coding of the AutoPLANT P&ID CATT Dialogs.
1. Create a new folder under C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT V8I\ named Propdlgs. (Can be created in any location of your choice.)
2. Extract all files from the C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT V8I\P&ID\Propdlgs.zip to the newly created Propdlgs folder.
1. If the CATT Dialogs have already been modified and these need to be upgraded simply browse to the location of their Propdlgs folder containing the RebisComponentDialogs.vbp file.
2. Sort the folder by file type and backup all .BAS files.
3. Copy the .BAS files from the newly extracted V8i Propdlgs folder into this folder.
4. In the folder that contains the files to be upgraded (Folder where the new .BAS files have been copied to) open the RebisComponentDialogs.vbp file.
5. Select Project > References and there should only be one Reference pointing to Rebis Variable Component. Make sure that it is pointing to the file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bentley Shared\Plant V8i\ApVariables.dll file by selecting it and using the Browse button.
6. Create a new Rebcompdlgs.dll file. Select File > Create Make Rebcompdlgs.dll.
7. Browse to the upgraded project's Standards folder and before selecting SAVE make sure and backup it's current Rebcompdlgs.dll.
8. Save and Exit.
9. Open the upgraded project's AutoPLANT P&ID files in AutoPLANT P&ID V8i. The CATT Dialogs should now be upgraded.
Product TechNotes and FAQs
Plant TechNotes And FAQs
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this "Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!