Need help working from home with your Bentley software? We're here to help - click here
This TechNote describes the steps involved in creating new custom Control Valves in AutoPLANT P&ID XM 8.9.3.xx
Step 1: Creating a New Valve Body Block
1. In native AutoCAD draw the Valve Body as you would like to appear in P&ID2. Zoom > Extents around the newly created Valve Body.3. Type WBLOCK and select the Insertion point at the Mid-Left point of the new body.4. Select the Valve and save the block in the C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\P&ID\SYM\ location. In this example we will use myval.dwg as the block filename.
Step 2: Creating the New Valve Body Slide
5. Open the newly created block. In this example we will open myval.dwg.6. Zoom > Extents around the component.7. Type MSLIDE at the command line and save the slide in C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\P&ID\.
NOTE: The filename MUST begin with ICV-. This is an internal system value.NOTE: The filename MUST be a total length of 8 characters not including the file extension.Example used in this document: ICV-MYVA.SLDNOTE: All Valve Body slides MUST be stored in C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\P&ID.
Step 3: Add the Newly Created Slide to the AT_PID.SLB Slide Library
NOTE: If the AP-SLB.EXE is not located in the C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\P&ID folder please copy it into this location from C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\BIN. The AP-SLB.EXE must be in the location of the slide library/slides.NOTE: All Valve Body slides MUST be added to the AT_PID.SLB slide library.
8. Open a DOS Window. Start > Run > Type CMD and select OK.
9. Once in the DOS Window browse to the C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\P&ID folder. I.e. CD C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\P&ID10. Once in this location run the AP-SLB.EXE file by typing AP-SLB and hit Enter on Keyboard.
11. Notice the options below in the screenshot. The command A will add a new slide into the slide library. The L will list all slides in the library. 12. To add the slide to the AT_PID slide library run the following at the command line: a. NOTE: Substitute your slide name instead of icv-myac.slb.
AP-SLB A ICV-MYVA.SLB AT_PID.SLB
Review:13. Block has been created and is in C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\P&ID\SYM. 14. Slide has been created and is in C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\P&ID.15. Slide has been added to the AT_PID.SLB Slide Library.
Step 4: Add the New Valve Body to the PID-SUP.LSP File
16. Browse to and open the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Bentley\Plant XM\P&ID\PID-SUP.LSP. This is what controls the dialog in P&ID.17. Once opened search for "sldcod". You should arrive at the following section:
;; SLIDENAME W/O ICV- DESCRIPTION BLOCKNAMEcval_body (list (list "GAT" (at_msg "Gate" "PID_1299" 0) "GATE" )(list "BAL" (at_msg "Ball" "PID_1300" 0) "BALL" )(list "GLO" (at_msg "Globe" "PID_1301" 0) "GLOBE" )(list "BUT" (at_msg "Butterfly" "PID_1302" 0) "BFLY" )(list "ANG" (at_msg "ISA Angle" "PID_1303" 0) "ANG" )(list "3WY" (at_msg "ISA 3 Way" "PID_1304" 0) "3WAY" )(list "4WY" (at_msg "ISA 4 Way" "PID_1305" 0) "4WAY" )(list "2WO" (at_msg "Angle" "PID_1306" 0) "OANG" )(list "3WO" (at_msg "3 Way" "PID_1307" 0) "O3WAY" )(list "4WO" (at_msg "4 Way" "PID_1308" 0) "O4WAY" )(list "MYVA " (at_msg "My New Valve" "PID_1308" 0) "MYVAL" ) ;;;; NEW Valve Body CREATED
18. Please note this exercise has added the last line. a. MYVA in BLUE is the Slide Name minus the ICV-. b. My New Body in ORANGE is the description found in the dialog. c. MYVAL in RED is the Block name.
19. Save and Exit the PID-SUP.LSP
Step 5: Test your new Control Valve Body in P&ID.
20. Open P&ID and select the Control Valve Placement function dialog. The new Control Valve body should show in the slide section of the dialog.
Product TechNotes and FAQs
Plant TechNotes And FAQs
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this "Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!