This Technical Bulletin will describe how to define a new IWD border to be used in Layouts in I&W's Layout Designer. The steps below will outline how to accomplish this task.
1. Open Layout Designer2. Open the Documents Window3. Left-click on the Layout Drawing and the Documents Window should show no documents defined
4. Click the New Document button5. Define the tag for the new document and click OK
6. From the Documents Window select the new document and click the Documents properties button.7. In the Document Properties dialog select IWD in the Type field.8. Next select a border template from the Template field and click OK.
9. Click on the Layout then click the Refresh button from the Layout Designer toolbar.10. The border should appear in the Layout Designer Window.11. You should be able to revise this border by using the documents window for the layout and clicking the Revise Document button.12. You can also print the Layout Drawing to a PDF file. To define the print settings for a Layout click the Print Preview button in the Layout Designer toolbar
13. Click the Page Setup button from the toolbar and define the page size, orientation, margin settings and whether or not to print to PDF. Then click OK
14. You will be prompted to select a folder to print to when you click the print button from either the print preview dialog or the Layout Designer toolbar.
NOTE: The print driver defined for the workstation controls the print preview and pdf generation for both Layout Drawings and the Detailed Connection Window. If you wish to generate a PDF with a sheet size that is larger than the size supported by your current printer you can install a false local printer and set the driver to a plotter driver that supports the page size you wish to generate.
Product TechNotes and FAQs
Plant TechNotes And FAQs
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this "Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!