Pipe Insulation is one of the primary attributes that the user would like to modify. The article sheds light over how we can set numerous attributes relating to Pipe Insulation like Insulation Colour, Insulation Thickness, Insulation Layer, Insulation Line Style:etc. These settings when done will be applicable on project level which will be populated throughout the project.
1. Browse to the location of the respective Project: - Default Location for the Project - C:\Program Files (x86)\Bentley\Plant V8i\Config
2. Open “config.ini” file present in that location.
3. Find “INSULATION”.
Once you find these, we can see that we have different variables for Insulation Thickness, Insulation Spec, Insulation Layer, Colour and Line Style. We can edit the default values and set the values as per our requirements. Check the below image: -
These Syntaxes will be present in “[Piping.SysPaths] “section: -
4. Save and close “config.ini” file.
By performing this, we can set the Insulation thickness, colour, spec and line style for the Insulation of the Pipe throughout the project.
5. Open CompPref.ini file. Make the below mentioned changes.
6. Save the CompPref.ini file.7. Open Project Administrator and Create a New Project for the same unit for which we have modified the "CompPref.ini".8. Once done launch any file in the newly created project. We can see that the Component Preferences will by default have the values set for the project which can be seen in the dialog box.
If above problem still persists, then please create a Service Request and contact the Bentley Product Advantage group. Please include a list of all relevant details to get in depth analysis for a solution or workaround.
Bentley's Product Advantage Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!