While creating a Custom Equipment/Component through the Component Manager, an Icon like shape of the Custom Equipment/Component can be taken. There is a way by which user can have his/her own Icon, this Icon will represent the new custom Equipment/Component which is created by the User which will have a different shape than its actual shape as desired by the User.
1. Download an image file (jpeg or png) or create one using snipping tool once you create icon using Lines and Arcs from MicroStation tools.
2. Convert this image file online to “.ico” format & save.
3. After conversion, Open OpenPlant PID and go to Component Manager. Select the desired Custom Equip Class to edit & hit “Create tool & icon” option.
4. Select Custom Equip and browse for Icons in General Settings.
5. Select “Import Selected Icons” option, browse and select .ico file.
6. Once Selected, Icon appears. Select Icon and hit OK to get it reflected in OPPID.
7. Once done, desired result as shown below is obtained.
Hence using this, different Icons (choice based) irrespective of the custom Equipment Shape can be obtained.
NOTE: Since this Utilizes an image file, the color can’t be changed. The Color of image should be taken or edited accordingly to meet the requirement. When created using MicroStation tools such as Lines & Arcs then right color should be chosen for Lines & Arc initially itself.
If above problem still persists, then please create a Service Request and contact the Bentley Product Advantage group. Please include a list of all relevant details to get in depth analysis for a solution or workaround.
Bentley's Product Advantage Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!