Original Author: Gerd Eichler
In this process you will modify the schema so as to pass the Service value from a pipeline to a pipe run and then onto a valve placed in that pipe run. This requires the modification of two separate schemas because SERVICE is not a property of a component but an associated item. The service is defined separately in the drawing settings and represents an object. This service object then is associated to the pipeline.
• While still in Piping Network System - Select the SERVICE propertyo Pick on Custom Attributes and add the bmf.01.00: Notify Related Component of Property Value Change.o Modify the custom attribute as shown belowo Save the changes
• Select the Piping Network Segment classo Navigate to the Properties tab and then ADD>NEW property and name the new property as shown below. o Save the Schema
• Modify the "OpenPlant_PID.01.02.ecschema.xml " schemao While still in the Class Editor load the "OpenPlant_PID.01.02.ecschema.xml"o Select the Pipe Run class in the left panel and then select the Properties tab and choose ADD>NEW. Add a new property named DESIGN_SERVICE and add the appropriate custom attributes as shown below.
o Save the changes and save the schema• Modify the Gate Valve Class to display the SERVICE property.o Browse in the left panel to the Classes>Valves>Single Way Valves>Gate Hand Valve classo Select the Properties tab and locate the SERVICE Property.o With the Service Property selected pick the OVERRIDE button.o Add a Category and a Property Priority custom attribute to the SERVICE class. See below for changes. NOTE - The Category does not have to be as shown - it could be located under Operating Conditions for example.o Save the changes and save the schema.o Exit the Class Editor
• Modify LIST for Valves to include the String List from SERVICEo While still in PID_ANSI schema migrate to the class LIST-> Associated Logical Item Classes for Valveso Modify the String List custom attribute and add SERVICE as a list value.o Save the changes and save the schema.
• Test the changeso Load OpenPlant PowerPID, create a new file and add an Area value and two or more Services values.o Place a Process Line and note that when the service is set for the Process Line and you pick on the Pipe Run P1 Business Key that "Design Service" for the run is populated and matches the same service selected for the process.o Place the line in the PIDo Add a Gate Valve to the lineo Pick the Gate Valve and note that it has inherited the Service value from Process Line via the Pipe Run.
The Custom attribute on the DESIGN_SIZE property has the following:
So the PIPING_NETWORK_SEGMENT.SIZE property is updating from the PIPING_NETWORK_SYSTEM. DESIGN_SIZE property.