Upgrading the software to a recent Patch allows us to fix certain functionality issues, adds new features and improve the overall workflow of the utility. The installation of a patch upgrades your current state of AutoPLANT Modeler by adding small portions of source codes and libraries. It is always recommended to consult a Bentley Colleague so as to understand and install the correct Patch for the existing version of AutoPLANT Modeler you would be using currently.
1. Ensure that all the Bentley and AutoDesk Applications are closed.
2. Go to Task Manager and make sure that "BPComDomain" and "BPComHost" processes are closed before beginning the installation procedure.
3. On your system, Launch Control Panel > Programs and features > Uninstall a Program.
4. In the list we will be able to observe the Default version of AutoPLANT Framework and AutoPLANT Modeler versions. As seen below:-
5. Now Browse to the location where you have Downloaded the Patch.
6. Double click on the "product" folder and launch the Installation by double clicking on the "Setup.exe".
7. Click on the Install button and allow the configuration of the application.
8. Once completed we will see the following dialog box wherein the application which have been upgraded will be reflected in the list.
NOTE:- The Bentley Instrumentation and Wiring utility, will also get upgraded if it is present in the system.
9. This will install the new patch of AutoPLANT Modeler in your system. To verify we can go to Control Panel > Programs and features > Uninstall a Program. Click on the "View Installed updates" option present on the left menu.
10. In the list of updates we can observe that the version number of AutoPLANT Framework and AutoPLANT Modeler has been updated to the new Patch version that has been installed.
Thus in this way we will be able to install a Patch for AutoPLANT Modeler.
If the above problem persists, then please create a Service Request and contact the Bentley Product Advantage group. Please include a list of all relevant details to get in depth analysis for a solution or workaround.
Bentley's Product Advantage Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!