In this instance we are adding a new field (PSCHED) to the PIPE_RUN Table and have it also have default values in the Pipe Settings Dialog.
1. Upon ensuring that all users are out of the project, open the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Bentley\Plant V8i\P&ID\pid-sup.lsp file.
2. Search for Drawing Initialization.
3. Place the following directly above this section.
(setq UseSetVarsSaveFromIniFile t)
4. Save and Exit.
5. Add the field (PSCHED) to the PIPE_RUN Table in Project Administrator, then add it to your AT_PROCESS View and be sure to click on Edit once you check the newly added field and give it a description (e.g. Pipe Schedule). This description is very important because this is what the Pipe Settings dialog looks for.
6. Open a drawing in P&ID and place a process line. You should see your new field description. When this line is placed it will create the following file.
C:\Program Files\Bentley\Plant V8i\P&ID\PIDPipeSet.ini
The contents of the file created will be the field names and your values you type in. These values will be the default until you change them. Also, this is where you can now set the default values for these values if needed.
This will set defaults for the right window pane in the Pipe Settings Dialog.