You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
The i-model can be easily published via BRCM CONNECT Edition and that i-model can be viewed in Bentley Navigator and can check for the BRCM elements properties. Sometimes user wants to export those metadata to Excel. For this user needs to have i-model ODBC tool. This Document will explain how those metadata can be exported to Excel using i-model ODBC.
Exporting i-model metadata into Excel sheet
The properties of i-model can be exported to Excel via ODBC. Please follow the steps mentioned below:
Prerequisite: You need to have installed “iModel ODBC Driver 64-bit” in your system. To download “iModel ODBC Driver 64-bit” click here.
1. Launch Bentley Raceway and Cable Management CONNECT Edition and open any DGN file of which you want to export metadata into Excel sheet.
2. Go to the file and Click on “Publish i-model”3. Publish i-model(s) dialog box will appear. Follow the steps as given below:
Step 1: Check the box for “Create a single package” Step 2: Click Browse and set the default folder path to save the i-model Step 3: Check the box for “Create an iModel version” Step 4: Select 1.6 version from drop down for i-Model Step 5: Click on “Publish” to generate i-model.
4. It will take few seconds to complete the process. After completion, by looking at specified folder *i.dgn and *.imodel files will be there.
5. Open “ODBC data sources (64-bit)” by the search option in the windows start button.
6. In ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit) dialog box, Step 1: Go to System DSN tab. Step 2: Double click on iModel 1.6 Data Source. iModel ODBC DSN Configuration dialog box will appear.
Step 3: Click on Browse button and select recently generated *.iModel and click OK. Step 4: Click OK on ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit) dialog box
7. Open a Blank Workbook in the Microsoft Excel.
8. In excel, go to Data > Get Data > From Other Sources > From ODBC.
9. In ODBC dialog box, select iModel 1.6 Data Source from the dropdown and then click on OK button.
10. In the Navigator dialog box, select any one table and click on Load. (For Example: elec.CABLE_TRAYTEEElementAspect)
11. It will take few seconds to load all the data in Excel Sheet.