This article describes the procedure for creating a User Defined Attributes (UDA) for Equipment. It is necessary to follow steps below while creating a new Equipment UDA otherwise you will not be able to see the added UDA in the properties option of that equipment.
1. Select Options in the Manage tab from the Project Setup section.
2. Select the UDA Settings tab and then select the Equipment UDAs tab.3. Create an Equipment UDA for a product code Name by clicking Add. The Default Value is GSM 123 and the Class is val. Click Apply to save the new or modified Equipment UDA.
4. A BRCM information dialog will appear to restart the application to make UDA changes available in EC Properties. Click OK.
5. Close the Options dialog by clicking OK.
6. Restart the application.
7. Select Equipment Manager in the Equipment & Cable tab, section Equipment.
8. Select the Create/Modify Equipment tab and click Open and select the equipment configuration EQP_Panel.xml and press Open.
9. Select the last property in Object/Level 1.
10. Browse to the end of the list and select the new Equipment UDA as a property for that equipment.
11. Click OK and Save the new Panel configuration.
Note: It is possible to overwrite the Default Value. To save for future use, it is necessary to save the Equipment. Note: The new Equipment UDA can be assigned to any Equipment definition. It's possible to transfer the UDA into a report.
12. Select Place Equipment tab in Equipment Manager, select the Panel in Equipment Data. The new attached Equipment UDA is listed and can be changed in the Value column.
Note: If the UDA Equipment setting Class is set to COLLECTION it will only be possible to select an entry from a list rather than manually entering a value.