In the Bentley Data Manager, all Tagged data resides in a Tabular form within different Lists categorized in “Views” tab. Reports in different formats can be exported, primarily for Excel, and hence User desires certain customization on that front. Depending on requirement, some Users do not wish to see “Pipe Run” in the Line List report from Data Manager, hence customizing it by excluding Pipe Runs is an important part of customizing the Views in Data Manager.
1. First step is to sync Data “Drawing to Database” from OpenPlant PID and then view it in the Data Manager.
2. The “Line List” under “Views” tab contains all Pipeline related Data including Pipe run in Data Manager.
3. Create a New Line list by right click on “Line list” View.
4. On the next Window, select “from current view”.
5. Name it & click on Design.
6. Click on “Design with Access”.
7. Keep the two tables in green and remove the rest.
8. Drag key tag from Process to TAG_REG and right click on the connecting link that occurs thereafter.
9. Select the 3rd option in the next window and hit OK.
10. Go to Design View and Add Column “TAG_NO” as shown below.
11. The Exclusion of “Pipe Run” is achieved as it can be seen below.
[NOTE: The “From” & “To” information is associated with Pipe Run, hence that data also can’t be seen along with Pipe Run.]
If above problem still persists, then please create a Service Request and contact the Bentley Product Advantage group. Please include a list of all relevant details to get in depth analysis for a solution or workaround.
Bentley's Product Advantage Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!