In Bentley Raceway and Cable Management, you can add User Defined Attributes (UDA). This article will describe the procedure for creating a User Defined Attribute (UDA) for Raceway.
1. Select Options in the Manage tab from the Project Setup section.
2. Select the UDA Settings tab and then select the Raceway UDAs tab.3. Create a new UDA by clicking Add, for example:Specification Number. Set the Default Value to GSM_123, and leave the Class set to val (Value). Click Apply to save the new or modified Raceway UDA. Note: If you use the Collection in the Class field, it will be possible to create a collection of values for the Raceway UDA in the Raceway Catalog Creation Tool as shown in step 14.
4. A BRCM information dialog will appear to restart the application to make UDA changes available in EC Properties. Click OK.
5. Close the Options dialog by clicking OK.
6. Restart the application.
7. Select Raceway Catalog Creation in the Manage tab.
8. Click the UDAs tab.
9. Click Modify UDAs of existing raceway catalog to open the Raceway Property Manager.
10. In the Property Systems, select system and the catalog of the Raceway and Click OK. For Example: System – Cable Tray and Catalog – OBO Cable Tray MKS 35
11. Select the UDA, which we have added For Example: Specification Number from the available UDAs window and move it to the Selected UDAs window.
12. Click OK.
13. The Warning dialog will popup. Click OK.
14. The new Raceway UDA will be available in the Properties of the modified catalog.If you select the class as a Collection while adding the Raceway UDA in Options dialog: 15. It will be possible to create a collection of values for the Raceway UDA in the Raceway Catalog Creation Tool. Refer to step 3.
16.You can add possible values for the selected UDA while creating a new raceway system.
17. You will be able to select the UDA value from the pick list while routing the raceway.