In Bentley Raceway and Cable Management you can create User Defined Attributes (UDA) as a custom property for the cable. This article describes the procedure for creating a User Defined Attribute (UDA) for the Cable.
1. Select Options in the Manage tab from the Project Setup section.
2. Select the UDA Settings tab and then select the Cable UDAs tab.3. To define a new Cable UDA, Click Add. For Example: If you want to create a Cable UDA for the maximum permitted length of cable. You need to assign the name for the Cable UDA and the parameter values. This information will be available in the cable manager so that you can compare this value with the current calculated length.
4. Assign the id and name for the Cable UDA in the name field and define the parameter values.
Note: The Include options define where this UDA shall be visible.
5. Click Apply to save the new or modified cable UDA. Close the Options dialog by clicking OK.
6. Restart the application.
7. Select Cable Manager in the Equipment & Cable tab.
8. In the Cable Manager select Manage and Collaboration Manager.
9. In the Collaboration Manager, right-click and choose Select all and Request Lock from the context menu.
10. Click OK to close the Collaboration Manager.
11. In the Cable Manager, you will be able to see the assigned UDA in the Cable Manager for each cable and you can change the UDA value from the Cable Manager as well.