Bentley Raceway and Cable Management CONNECT Edition support to import the data from excel file. If you want to add, modify or delete something from the already imported cable or equipment list, you can import the cable or equipment list second time. In the specific cases, its better to delete the existing content rather than just import it again.For Example: 1. If your data is corrupt in some manner that things are not working as expected in the Cable Manager. i.e. If you imported cables and change the device names in the Cable Manager and then later modified the name of the cable and equipment and want to import it again, you may end up with extra devices that you have difficulty removing or sorting out. 2. If you imported the wrong data or copied another project with the intention of importing different cable data. This article will describe the procedure to delete the existing content data tables from the database.
It’s always a good idea to create a backup of the existing database information prior to deleting any data tables. To create the backup follow these steps:
1. Open Bentley Raceway and Cable Management CONNECT Edition.
2. Click on Manage tab and select Export to XML.3. Select folder to save the XML files and click OK.
4. Select all the values and click OK.
Now we will proceed with deleting the cable and equipment tables using the following procedure:
5. Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
6. Enter BRCM database login credentials to coonect to the server. Click Connect.Note: You can see the login credential details and the database ID for the respective project in the BRCM.cfg file. For Example: For the BRCM_EU_EN project of BRCM Metric Example Workspace: Open BRCM.cfg file which is located at C:\ProgramData\Bentley\BRCM CONNECT Edition\Configuration\Workspaces\BRCM Metric Example\Worksets\BRCM_EU_EN\Standards\BRCM
7. In the object explorer, expand Databases >> BRCM >> Tables.
8. Click on View tab and select object explorer details to see all the table details.
9. In the object explorer details window, you will get list of tables related to respective projects as per the BRCM database ID name. For Example for BRCM_EU_EN project BRCM_DB_ID is EU_EN_P1 as shown below:
10. If you want to delete the imported cable data, select the table which is associated with the cable and delete this tables by right mouse click. Similarly, you can delete the imported data in the project for the equipment.
11. The tables will be recreated after you import the data again.