In OpenPlant Modeler CONNECT Edition, the requirement is to add total weight in the report using OpenPlant Project Administrator Reporting Designer.
While designing the plant, in piping report sometimes it is necessary to see the weight & total weight ( addition of all piping components weight in the model). This wiki article explains the procedure for the same.
1. Launch OpenPlant Project Administrator CONNECT Edition.
2. From Tools, open reporting designer as shown
3. Open the desired report. Let’s say BOM By Line Number as shown
4. Insert a column to the page header at right side of the report as shown
5. Double click on the newly added column & change the name to Line Number as shown
6. From the field list, drag the Dry Weight property in the column as shown
7. Create two more columns in Report Footer band. Give the name for the first column as shown
8. In Field List window, add a Calculated Field.
9. Edit the same Calculated Field.
10. Edit Name, Field Type & click on Expression editing.
11. Paste the expression ToDouble(Replace([Dry Weight (Piping Component)], 'kg', ''))/2 in the Expression Editor & click ok as shown
12. Now drag the newly created field in step-8 above in the blank column which is crated in step-7. Please refer the image below.
13. Edit the Label tasks & in the Summary editor as shown below.
14. Attached the image for the whole report below.
15. Save the Report Template.
16. Open OPM CE, Place Pipe & Piping components for testing purpose.
17. From Piping > Tools, open the reports & run the report.
18. Attached below the snap for the report.
Notice that, the sum of weight is calculated in the report.
How to Add COUNT in Reports via Reporting Designer
OpenPlant CONNECT Edition
OpenPlant Project Administrator
CONNECT Edition (10.07.00.32)
Windows 8.1/10 (64 bit)
Last edited over 2 years ago in OpenPlant | AutoPLANT > OpenPlant | AutoPLANT Wiki
If above problem still persists, then please create a Service Request and contact the Bentley Product Advantage group. Please include a list of all relevant details to get in depth analysis for a solution or workaround.
Bentley's Product Advantage Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!