During modelling projects, there when there are multiple records of TopWorks (ex. HAND_WHEEL) in the spec then while placement of valves (Gate Valves and Globe Valve) the application does not differentiate between the records and places the HAND_WHEEL with the same dimension on both the valves.
This article explains how to differentiate between the TopWorks records in spec and how to avoid placement of the TopWorks with same dimensions.
1. Launch OpenPlant Specification Generator and select the corresponding WorkSpace and WorkSet.2. Open the spec mExample.mdb and go to Valve section.3. In the Add/Remove Constraints drop-down, select TAG constraint and add the constraint.
4.In the Add Section Descriptions option, add a new column.
5. Select the Column name as TAG .
6. For the TAG column, type in the value as [GATE] in the Define Field description dialog.
7.Go to Topworks section in the spec and similarly add the TAG constraint to Topworks section.
8. Similarly, add section description column and input values as [GATE].
9. Launch Class Editor and open OpenPlant_3D.01.08.ecschema.xml and supplement it with OpenPlant_3D_Supplemental_Modelling.01.08.ecschema.xml and OpenPlant_3D_Supplemental_ModellingViews.01.08.ecschema.xml.10. Search for HAND_WHEEL in the schema.
11. Right click on Hand Wheel and select Custom Attributes and click on Add/Remove.
12. Add Custom Attribute OpenPlant_Physical_AdditionalDBQuery to the schema.
13. In the custom attribute, right click on FieldName and select Add element.
14. Type TAG in the FieldName value and save the schema.
15.Launch OpenPlant Modeler and place HandWheel on Gate Valve, Globe Valve and Ball Valve.
If above problem still persists, then please create a Service Request and contact the Bentley Product Advantage group. Please include a list of all relevant details to get in depth analysis for a solution or workaround.