This documentation outlines how to pass the specification value from the Pipe Line/Pipe Run onto a Valve when the valve inserts onto the Pipe Run.
In the Specify Supplemental Schemas select Add and select the OpenPlant_PID_Supplemental_Imperial.01.03.ecschema.xml file
Select the file and select OK.
Select the Plant Base Object > Named Item > Pipe Run.
Select the Properties tab in the right window pane and select the “Pipe Spec” property.Setup the following “Notify Related Component of Property Value Change” as shown below:
a. Right click on Notify Relationships Select Add Element and this will add a second Notify Relationships section. Note the difference is that it points to the SPECIFICATION property.
b. Please note that both “CASCADE_PROPERTY_VALUE_CHANGE” and “SET_DEFAULT_PROPERTY_VALUE” are both set to TRUE.
Set this up as outlined below:
9. Save all Schema files and Exit Class Editor.
Test the Results:
10. Re-open the OpenPLANT P&ID drawing file in the same project that the schema file you modified resides.
11. Draw a new line and assign the Specification value of "Ductile".
12. Place a gate valve on the line and select the Element Information dialog.
13. Notice below the Specification value is passed to the valve data.