In projectwise explorer when user use 'Send To > Mail Recipient As Link' feature, it does nto open outlook window. this is just happening with one user.
Possible the path to the file they're linking to is really long? We've seen something similar (copying a link doesn't put anything on the clipboard) when the total link path+filename is > 260 characters. Solution was to use URN instead of URL.
When user tries to even send the link, outlook does nto open up.
Right click on the file-> Send To -> Mail recepient and nothing happens.
For other at this point outlook opens.
probably need to contact support directly.
Make sure that Outlook is configured as the default mail client on the machine, and that the setting explained here is configured:
Note: Microsoft Outlook's setting, Use Cached Exchange Mode (under Tools > E-mail Accounts), must be on for ProjectWise Explorer's Document > Send To > Mail Recipient As Link command to function properly. When Use Cached Exchange Mode is not set, any text added to an email generated by using Document > Send To > Mail Recipient As Link will not be sent by Microsoft Outlook. See Microsoft Outlook's documentation for instructions on how to turn on Use Cached Exchange Mode.
Try registering mapi32.dll by running a command prompt as admin and entering in "regsvr32 mapi32.dll". If that fails try the following:
To resolve this issue, rename the Mapi32.dll file, and then start the Fixmapi.exe program:
1. Click Start, and then click Search.
2. Click All files and folders.
3. In the All or part of the file name box, type mapi32.dll, and then click Search.
4. When the search process is complete, right-click the Mapi32.dll file, and then click Rename.
5. Type Mapi32.old, and then press ENTER.
6. Click Start a new search, and then click All files and folders.
7. In the All or part of the file name box, type fixmapi.exe, and then click Search.
8. When the search process is complete, double-click Fixmapi.exe to start the repair process.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.
Enable or Disable MAPI for a User: technet.microsoft.com/.../bb124497.aspx
Answer Verified By: canada18