This document will show the steps on how to configure the server for .msg file full text retrieval in Windows Server 2008 and Select Series 1 (08.11.07.xx). In ProjectWise V8XM the option was to install Windows Desktop Search or Office Outlook on the server; however In the Windows Server 2008 you will need to install the Windows Search Services.
Before we start please make sure you have installed all windows updates on the server along with .net Framework 3.5.1 Features are enabled from Server Manager, Features.
1. Navigate to Server Manager and click Add Roles, Install File Services(Fig1) Fig 1.
2. Under Role Services make sure Windows Search Services is installed(Fig2)
3. Install the Add-in for Outlook saved mail (.msg file) indexing from Microsoft site below:
a. Validate the install with navigating to control panel, and selecting Programs and Features; there should be a Windows Desktop Search: Add-in for Outlook is installed (Fig3)
4. Now Remove Windows Search Services (from step 2) role (reboot of the server is mandatory)(Fig4)
5. Now add the indexing Service from Role Services.(Fig5)
6. After adding the Indexing Service Add MSMQ which is mandatory for Orchestration Framework function properly.(Fig6)
Once the entire configuration on the server is done, you may move forward with installing ProjectWise Components:
1. Install MicroStation Pre-Requisite pack2. Install MicroStation3. Install Orchestration Framework - setup OFW database4. Install Integration Server5. Install ProjectWise Administrator
a. Login to the datasourceb. Configure document processors; right click Full Text Indexing, select the check box for Indexing enabled. Under User context and select a ProjectWise User: (that does not have expiring password credentials) Password: (Fig7)
c. Right click Full Text Indexing and select ‘Mark Folder Documents for Reprocessing…’, select a folder or the ROOT folder(Fig8)
d. Right click Full Text Indexing and select ‘Start Processing Now’ Once the process has begun You will see a dialog box as shown in (fig9). Depending on the size of your database you may be able to run a full text search instantaneously or after the process has gone through its full document pass.