This technote will provide the steps required to copy a ProjectWise customized toolbar to other ProjectWise user's computers.
A ProjectWise custom toolbar
The ability for users to be able to write to the system registry
Note: Custom toolbars can only be used with the version they were created in.
When a user creates a custom tool bar the configuration is written in the user's Windows registry
V8i - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bentley\ProjectWise Explorer\08.11\Settings.en\
XM - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bentley\ProjectWise Explorer\08.11\Settings.en\
1. Make sure ProjectWise is not opened.
2. From the Start->Run command type REGEDIT.
3. From the registry Editor highlight "My Computer".
4. From the registry editor select Edit->Find. Type the name of the customized toolbar.
5. The search result will be the key that was created when the custom toolbar was created.
6. In this example the registry key "MYToolBar-59432" is the key that will be exported to share with other users. Note the "Name" and verify that it is the name of the customized toolbar.
7. Select the registry key, right-click and select Export. Save the registry file to a location that is available to all of the ProjectWise users.
8. The registry file can now be copied to the other ProjectWise users PC. Before opening the registry file, make sure the user does not have ProjectWise opened. The user will simply double-click the registry file and the registry entry will be added. When they start ProjectWise the custom tool bar will be available.
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this "Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!