You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
Opening an Excel document with the default global program association (Excel.Sheet.PW) opens a blank document. You get an error about a bad program association (Cannot start application for the specified document. Check your program associations) could be 58002 or 112173
Configuring a user association pointing directly to the excel.exe works, but it is unintegrated.
The add-in is probably disabled, follow these steps (specific to Office 2007) to reenable
1. Open Excel
2. hit the Windows icon in the top left corner
3. open Excel Options (bottom, next to exit button)
4. Select Add-Ins
5. check if you see ProjectWise iDesktop integration listed under Disabled (most likely are)
6. at the bottom where you see Manage: select disabled items and click Go
7. select all the PW related items you see (PWOffice12AddIn.dll , idOfficeAttribtes.dll, ...) and click Enable
8. Close Excel
Remove any user associations you might have pointing directly to the excel.exe and go back to using the default global Excel.Sheet.PW
Product TechNotes and FAQs
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this " Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!