Trying to understand ProStructures workflow.
1. Any vids on how the Constructions Lines are supposed to be used? I can't seem to find any SIGs on LEARN.
2. Are the CLs meant to be used for 3d modeling / placement of elements or 2d Detailing? Both?
3. When a ProStructures element is place using a Construction Line, is there a persistent associative link between the two? Ie when the CL is moved or modified, the PS element follows.
Thanks for posting your queries in Bentley Community Forum.Please find below our comments on your raised questions
1. Are you asking for Smart line? If so, yes, you can definitely use Smart lines, Arcs to model the Shape out of this. I will create a short video to explain this.
2. In both 3D and 2D can be used. In 3D, as mentioned in the first point, you can easily place Shapes referring that line3. Currently the line is not in dynamic nature like if you chage the line like lengthen or shorten, the shape will not follow.
Regards,Sandip KarProduct Engineer - Bentley Systems
1. No. I am intrigued by how the Construction Lines would be used. Presumably, these Lines go beyond the usual ACAD / Mstn Lines. From the descriptions, it sounds like they behave like the old Mstn DDD geometry.. or the newer MStn Constraints.