In some cases you may wish to define a certain numbering of your steelparts such as singleparts and groups (mainparts vs. subparts). In our example the mainparts of groups should be numbered up from 700, the subparts up from 7000 and the groups alphabetically from A to Z.
1. From the dialogue Positionflags and Positioning go first to the Dialogue for Automatic Positioning, tab Options and set First Mainparts then Subparts and Subparts start at 7000:
2. In the main dialogue box set Type to Numerical and Last single Part to 699 (below you can see Next:700); execute the positioning by pushing the left option fro Singleparts only:
3. See the results for singleparts:
1. Open the dialogue for automatic positioning again and edit on tab Options on the right hand side Unequal Groups to 25-> Max+1, Max=Subpart Max; deactivate Takeover Mainpart Position and set Start at last (+) to A:
2. In the main dialogue define the Type as Alphabetical and execute the positioning with the middle button for Groups only (check and see: Next shows "A"):
3. Finally check the result for groups:
Product TechNotes and FAQs
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this "Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!