How to creating a plate with opposite flanges at the same edge.
Usually we only see a chance to bend plate in one direction per edge. But it is also possible to create plates with flanges in two different directions as shown beneath:
1. You can start with a regular plate as shown in the below snapshot.
2. Open Element Modification tool, go to Plates tab and select the "Insert Corner into a Polyplate"
3. Now, select the plate and pick the corner point which will then creates the snap points as shown below.
4. Repeat the same steps to create another section as shown below.
In our example we divided the edge into three parts by defining two further corners (see inner arcs). (Please note: This command doesn’t include a catching option so assumedly you’ll have to stretch the new defined corners separately.)
5. Now, with the new corner(s) you are able to add flanges via the plate dialogue. Open the Plates/Polyplates dialog and select the Add/Remove/Edit Flanges button.
6. This will opens up the Bend Plates dialog. Now set the required values in the dialog and select the Add Flange button.
7. Select the one edge of the plate to place the flange.
8. Now, in order to create another flange in different directions please add the negative sign "-" at "5.Bend angle" and repeat the steps 6 and 7.
In this way, one can create multiple flanges on single plate.