There are four different options on how we can control the 2D Line Display in the Detail Style (> 2D Display > Common > Line Display) as listed below.
1. From Configuration
2. From Description File
3. From Part Family
4. From Detail Style
In this wiki we will try to explain the use of "Part Description File" (FDT) for 2D Line Display in Detail Center. With the help of the description file Pro_st3d.fdt all elements can receive specific settings including levels and colors for both modeling and detailing.
1. Open the Global Settings or Options by holding the right mouse button in the View window and then click on the Options then go to the Dialog Settings and change the mode from Beginner to Expert mode.
2. Now, under the Files page, click on the Part Description.
3. In this file every line is a dataset, values divided by commas and with max length of 256 letters. The fields are in exactly this order:
Noticed the Syntax? In the first Yellow highlight part this is where we can control the layer/levels of the 3D model.
While the second Red highlight part is what controls the 2D Layers/Levels
Important rules to follow:
1. Modify the Part Description file to have the Layers/Levels set as explained above.
2. Assign Part Description to the elements while modeling.
3. Now, in the Options you need to enable “Assign Description Level":
4. In order to assign the colors from the description file for detailing you need to activate this in the DetailStyle at 2D Display > Common > Line Display: