There are some cases that during the installation users chose not to activate the product and run it for 30 days under trial period. When the trial is over ProStructures it will then give a message to Activate the license.
Please see below the steps on how to Activate the license.
2. Open ProStructures then Check the license settings, you can do this by.
NOTE: It is important that you check this settings before activating the product. If the settings does not match with the license that you have this will cause to give you a prompt to activate the license every time you open the software.
For this scenario I have a valid license for ProSteel but does not have a license for ProConcrete.
3. After checking the settings close ProStructures.
4. Now you need to open the License Management Tool to Activate the product.
5. The License Management tool will open. Then go to > Tools > Product Activation Wizard
6. Once in the Product Activation Wizard, you are given the following options:
Choose the second option and then hit NEXT.
Deployed: With Bentley approval, you have a SELECTserver installed locally. Your applications connect to your locally installed SELECTserver using your local server name. The SELECTserver itself connects to a Bentley server to pull down a list of products.
7. When selecting the "SELECT subscriber with a deployed (local) SELECTserver," the server name and Site Activation Key will be blank.
Fill in the Server Name in the Server Name box. The Server Name will be the name of the machine name running the SELECTserver service.
Fill in the Site Activation Key in the Site Activation Key box. Due to the length of the site activation key, it is recommended that each user copy and paste the information directly into the license management tool. Also, be sure there are no extra spaces before or after the server name and site activation key as this can prevent a proper activation.
8. Once you have provided the Server name and Activation key, Click Test Connection. You should get this message
BUT if you get this message:
Double check the activation key, there should be no spaces before or after. If you have verified you have entered it correctly and still getting the same error please call the Technical Support hotline. You can't proceed with the product activation.
9. Once the Select Server and Activation key is verified Click NEXT
10. Select Country. Click NEXT
11. The following screen is titled "License Checkout". Please note that using a checked out license is only intended if you will be without an internet connection for an extended period of time. If you will be connected to the internet at most times, a checked out license is not needed, and you can Click NEXT.
12. The next page will show you a summary of the information you have entered. Click Finished
13. Product activation is now complete. You may use your product