While changing parameter in Rebar Code in ProConcrete CONNECT Edition, the change is not getting affect. Whatever change is done is just get disappeared.
In ProStructures CONNECT Edition the Rebar code location is changed. Now the same files are located in the Program files under ProStructures CONNECT Edition folder. And all the files and folders in that location are write protected. That is the reason the changes are not getting affect. Below are provided the location for both V8i and CONNECT
In V8i - Drive:\ProgramData\Bentley\ProStructures V8i S8\WorkSpace\ProStructures\Config\RebarCodes
In CONNECT Edition - Drive:\Program Files\Bentley\ProStructures CONNECT Edition\ProStructures\Default\appl\Rebar\Codes
Previously the Rebar Codes were kept in Program Data whereas in CONNECT Edition the files are kept in Program Files.Please follow the below steps to add a new Rebar Code or to change the parameter of existing Rebar Code.
1. If one needs to create a new code, then copy one existing Code to local folder.
2. Rename the file as per choice
3. Open the file in Notepad and change the name accordingly as shown in the below snap.
4. Also make other required changes in the same and then save it.
5. Now replace this file to the original location as mentioned path above.
6. Relaunch ProStructures CONNECT Edition and by opening Rebar code, can able to see the new code with changes.
In other way if one avoid to do these manually, can keep the Rebar Code folder to a particular location and address that location path to the Configuration variable PS_REBARCODES.And then one can directly change the parameters in Code dialog itself and the change affect will be reflected immediately there. E.g. the Rebar Code folder is copied in D:\ProStructures\Rebar\Codes.
So to link code through this path, need to provide the same path in Configuration Variable. See the following image..