Edit Part List definition
Sandip Kar, Product Advantage Group
User sometimes needs to have some cells Fillable in exported Part List. This document explain how to create Fillable cells in Part list to get exported PDF as Fillable in some cells.
=====================================================================================================Original Issue Description:How to add fillable cells in Part List so that in exported PDF we have some editable cells to update manually for some specific cells. This will make it easier to capture data from the field.=====================================================================================================
The Fillable cells can be created while editing in Part List Definition. This can be done via inserting Form Control. Please follow the below steps.
1. In Partlist > Settings Open Edit Partlist Definition.
2. Select your needed .lst file. E.g here "BEN_Singleparts__V.lst" is selected and open that file for editing.
3. When it is opened, go to Insert > Form Control from the main menu. And then insert the box where you want to create fillable cell. Through this way you can insert cell in Partlist header.
4. To create same type of cell in Data Table content, double click on the table space which will open up Table Contents - Partlist. There will be Header Line, Data Line. You can add new Text header to reserve the column for fillable cell. Then in Data Line you need to add Form control to get the fillable cell. Please not that only Form Control field will allow you to get fillable cell. Obvoiusly there are properties for that field where you can set other properties, like Text Height, Font etc.
5. The output will be like as below when you export Partlist as PDF.