The ‘Create Partlist Element’ tool allows users to add ProStructures Part list information to elements from Non ProStructures elements in the model, Elements that originally do not belong to the ProSteel or ProConcrete elements category. This added information can be then reflected in the Material Take-offs, Bill of Materials and also the generated 2D drawings. This document will guide you on how to add ProStructures information to non ProStructure elements.
1) Create the element you want to add the ProStructure properties in. (In this case, the element create is a MicroStation Slab 1500X1500X3000)
2) After this, go to Steel > Data/Reporting > Reporting > Create Partlist Element
3) Select the object that you want to the ProStructure properties for.4) Now, the Special Part Properties dialog appears. Here you can fill in the information you want to add for your custom created part and say OK.
5) Now, the object is a ProStructure element and you can see the same by right clicking on that; the ‘PS Properties’ will appear.
6) Also, now when you add the create a partlist, this information will be displayed there to.
In this manner, one can add ProStructure properties to non-ProStructure shapes and can recall the same information while generating project deliverables.