In some cases, while detailing drawings for any Group or Assemblies via Detail Center, sections coming automatically are not sufficient when there are so many sections need to be shown. In that case one can create needed sections via Automatic 2D Cut. This document will guide you on, how to create Automatic 2D Cut in 3D model and then how to add that Section in 2D Drawing Block that cut in Detail Center
Please follow the below steps to achieve this.
1. For the sake of explanation, below is an example of Group with some joints and connections.
2. Section of End connections can be easily achieved automatically via Detail Center. But for the intermediate details along the length of the Group will not generate automatically via Detail Center. For that one need to use Automatic 2D Cut.
3. Go to Workflow Steel > Drawing Production > Detailing and click on the Automatic 2D Cut tool.
4. It will then ask you to select Shape where you want to add an automatic 2D section, enter point on the cut plane and then it will ask you to specify second point to set cut direction and cut depth.
5. Now open the Detail center and preview the drawing block. You will find one new section is added for that particular location.
Please note that, to make this section to be displayed in Drawing Block, 'Display Sections' must be enabled in Detail Style, 2D Display > Common > Groups.
In this way one can include additional sections in Detail blocks via Detail Center.