You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
Dowel reinforcement is used to tie the isolated footing to the above column. The are used to make strong & accurate joints in concrete and provide firm anchorage and bond between the column & footing. This Wiki will guide you on how to insert and control the design parameters of Dowels.
1) Create a column & a pad footing associated to that column.
2) Now, click on the Pad Footing Reinforcing tool.
3) Now, in the Dowels tab, set up the column reinforcement information and other required data.
4) Click on the Select Column button, then first click on the footing and then click on the column.
5) Then, in the Dowels section, you can set up the quantity & size / grade of rebars, along with the end treatment of those rebars. You can also set up the extension of those rebars into the column & footing as explained in the above picture.
6) Similarly, you can also set up the ties data to hold up the dowel bars. In the Template Ties section, you can set up the tie rod size / grade, end condition and offset / spacing between the ties as shown in the below picture.
7) Thus, after setting up the information for the Dowels, you can set up all the reinforcement for the Pad Footing, and finally, your Column & Footing will be complete as in the below picture.
In this manner, you can insert the Dowel Reinforcement in the concrete foundation members of your structural model and control its rebar size / grade & spacing or arrangement parameters.