In this document we are going to learn how to make disappear unwanted workframe lines as well as dimensions lines in 2D drawings, when there is no shape inserted on that workframe line. This is especially needed when working with Views like plan and Elevations. See below image.
Please follow below steps to achieve this: 1. Open your model, go to Steel > Drawing Production > Detailing and click on 2D Detail Center.
2. In 2D Detail Center dialog box, go to Views tab and Preview the view in which this issue is coming. In my case, the view is FRONT_ELEVATION_Y_3.
3. Now, Open Edit Detail Styles by right click on the view and click on Edit Style or simply double click on view.
4. In Detail Style dialog box, go to Descriptions > Additional Text > Views. Here if “With Axis lines” box in checked please uncheck that box. If it is checked it will display the main axes or actual axes as 2D lines in the corresponding view.
5. After unchecking, update the preview. Now you can see the workframe lines will get disappear.
6. Now, check the box for “Only inner axes” and update the preview, it will display only those axes which are situated within the determined overall dimensions of the view including a snap range. In the below image you can see the unwanted dimension line got disappeared.
In this way, you can make disappear the unwanted workframe lines as well as dimensions lines in 2D Drawings.