In this wiki, we are going to learn how to import *.iModel metadata into MS Access via i-Model ODBC.
Please follow the below steps to get metadata of *.iModel into MS Access: Prerequisite: You need to have installed “iModel ODBC Driver 64-bit” in your system. To download this Click Here.a. Open ProStructures model of which you want to get metadata into MS Access. (for e.g. see below image).
b. Go to Backstage > File and click on “Publish i-model”.
c. After clicking on that “Publish i-model(s)” dialog box will open. Please follow the steps as shown in below image.
1. Check the box for “Create a single package”.
2. Here you can set the default path to save all iModels.
3. Check the box for “Create an iModel version”.
4. Select the 1.6 version for iModel.
5. Finally click on “Publish” button to publish iModels.
d. Wait for few seconds to complete the process. After process is completed go to default path, here you can find *.imodel is get published.
e. Now, search “odbc data sources (64-bit)” in the windows start button and click on it to launch.
f. In ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit) dialog box,
1. Go to System DSN tab.2. Double click on iModel 1.6 Data Source. iModel ODBC DSN Configuration dialog box will open.3. Click on Browse button to browse recently published *.iModel.4. Now, here select the iModel and 5. Click on open button.6. Click on OK button of iModel ODBC DSN Configuration dialog box.7. Click on OK button of ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit) dialog box.
g. Launch MS Access, go to External Data > New Data Source > From Other Sources and click on ODBC Databace.
h. Select first option and then click on OK button.
i. In Machine Data Source tab select iModel 1.6 Data Source and then click on OK button.
j. Here you can select multiple tables at a time. In this case, we have Selected All.
k. In the below image you can see all the data get imported into MS Access.
In this way, we can import the *.iModel metadata into MS Access via i-Model ODBC.