Position Mapping is one of the features of the V8i interface. Position Mapping is the consistent mapping of keyboard characters to positions in the interface between characters and command/tool names. In this wiki, we are going to learn how to enable Position Mapping and make them visible on the ribbon in ProStructures CONNECT Edition.
Please follow the below steps to achieve this.
1. Launch ProStructures CONNECT Edition.
2. Go to Backstage > File > Settings > User > Preferences.
3. Or type “Preferences” in the search bar and open it.
4. In the Preferences dialog box, click on the Position Mapping category. Here enable Use Position Mapping and Show Position Mapping Aids. Then click the OK button.
5. Now, Press the “Q” key to open the associated tool group. In the image below Q is associated with the Common Tools.
6. In the tool group, every tool has the sequential numeric number (i.e. defined in the Main option of Position Mapping). To use a particular tool, we need to press Q+<number>. For e.g. Q+1, Q+2, Q+3, etc. In the image below, we have shown the Selection tool (Q+1).
Note: For the Group Popup there will be two characters always. i.e. Alphabet+Numeric, Numeric+Numeric or Numeric+Alphabet.
7. If you want to press the only single key for speed work, then click on the Ribbon category of the Preferences dialog box and change Position Mapped Group from Group Popup to Menu.
8. After setting this option, then press “Q”, the menu window will get a popup with all the tools in that group and now you are able to press only one key either numeric or alphabet to use the required tool.
In this way, you can speed up your work by enabling the Position Mapping option.
CONNECT Edition - Using Position Mapping to get to Tools Really Quickly!
One of the features of the V8i interface, loved by those that discovered and ran with it, was Position Mapping. The ability to drive the UI with simple alpha numeric sequences led to me receiving support…
By Marc Thomas over 6 years ago in Peer Blogs > Looking under the bonnet...