When we try to import i-Model data into MS Access there is one error that occurs for a long name schema.
This document will explain the workaround for this issue.
Please follow the below steps to achieve this.
1. Open the ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit) and browse the i-Model. Please follow the steps as shown in the below image.
2. Launch MS Access, go to External Data > New Data Source > From Other Sources and click on ODBC Database.
3. Select the first option and then click on the OK button.
4. In the Machine Data Source, tab select iModel 1.6 Data Source and then click on the OK button.
5. Click on the Select All and then click on the OK button.
6. For the long name schema, the following error comes.
7. You can see in the below image all the data get imported except the “SolidGeometricPropertiesSchema…”. Keep MS Access open.
8. Now, launch MS Excel and go to Data > Get Data > From Other Sources and click on From ODBC.
9. Select iModel 1.6 Data Source and click on the OK button.
10. Select the last schema as it contains the data and then click on the Load button.
11. All the data get imported into MS Excel. Save this file at a known location and close.
12. In MS Access, go to External Data > New Data Source > From File and click on Excel.
13. Now here click on the Browse button and browse the Excel file which we have saved just now.
14. Click on the Next button.
15. Click on the Next button.
16. Click on the Next button.
17. Click on the Next button.
18. In this dialog box, we can give a required name. Click on the Finish button.
19. In the below image you can see the data of “Long named schema” get imported into the MS Access.
In this way, we can import the data of “Long named schema” into the MS Access.
Importing iModel metadata into an Excel sheet:https://communities.bentley.com/products/prostructures/w/structural_drafting_and_detailing__wiki/45834/importing-imodel-metadata-into-excel-sheet
Importing i-Model metadata into MS Access:https://communities.bentley.com/products/prostructures/w/structural_drafting_and_detailing__wiki/45378/importing-i-model-metadata-into-ms-access