In this wiki, we are going to learn how to display Centerline for newly created shapes and also regarding Offset centerline. Offset Centerline will allow you to specify the length beyond which the centerline has to exceed the shape ends.
Please follow the below steps to achieve this.
1. Open a blank DGN file and place any shape from the Shapes tool.
2. Now, go to Backstage > File > Settings > User and here click on the Global Settings.
3. Or hold Reset Button (i.e. right mouse button) and click on Options.
4. In the Options dialog box, click on the Shapes tab. Here check the box for Center Line, this option will allow you to display the centerline for newly created shapes. Then click on the OK button.
5. Place a shape again and now you can see the Center Line of that particular shape.
6. To set an offset for centerline, you need to go again in the Options dialog box and click on the Shapes tab. Here you can find an option called Offset Centerline, this option will allow you to specify the length beyond which the centerline has to exceed the shape ends. Set an offset value as required. (e.g. 100)
7. Again insert a new shape and now you can see the Centerline with an offset.
In this way, you can display the centerline for newly inserted shapes with an offset or without offset.