Every organization has its own set of rules and norms for their materials and works, they want to customize the existing material names or add new material to the software to fulfill their goals. In this document, we are going to learn how to customize plate labels from the Plate Description File to match the organization's norms.
Please follow the below steps to achieve this.
Method I: Customizing from the Global Settings dialog box.
1. In the open area, hold the right mouse button and then click on the Options menu.
2. or go to Backstage > File > Settings > User and here at the bottom you can see Global Settings click on it to open. Global Settings and Options both are the same.
3. In the Options dialog box, click on the Dialog Settings and here change the Expert Mode from Beginner to Expert mode.
4. After changing to Expert mode, the new tab Files will appear at the bottom. Go to the Files and click on the Plate Descriptions button.
5. Now, the Pro_St3d.pdc file gets open which is the Plate Description File for ProSteel. In this file, we can customize plate labels by the simple syntax shown in the below image.
Method II: Customizing by opening the file from the default location.
Whenever if you want to find the default path for any file use Configuration Variables tool.
1. Type Configuration Variables in the Search bar and open it.
2. In the search field, type Plate Description File. Now you can see all variables related to this file. Currently, there is only one variable i.e. PS_PLATEDESCRIPTIONFILE. At the bottom, in the Expansion section, you can see the path where this (Pro_st3d.pdc) file is located.
3. Go to that path and open the Pro_st3d.pdc file in Notepad and customize as explained in the above method.
In this manner, we can customize plate labels from the Plate Description File (i.e. Pro_st3d.pdc) from both the methods.
Note: If you are upgrading your software from the ProSteel V8i version to the ProSteel CONNECT version and want to have the same labels for plates of the V8i version, you can simply replace CONNECT file by the V8i file.