In this document, we are going to learn how to customize plate thicknesses from the Plate Thickness Table File.
Please follow the below steps to achieve this.
Method I: Customizing from the Global Settings dialog box.
1. In the open area, hold the right mouse button and then click on the Options menu.
2. or go to Backstage > File > Settings > User and here at the bottom you can see Global Settings click on it to open. Global Settings and Options both are the same.
3. In the Options dialog box, click on the Dialog Settings and here change the Expert Mode from Beginner to Expert mode.
4. After changing to Expert mode, the new tab Files will appear at the bottom. Go to the Files and click on the Plate Thick Table button.
5. Now, the Pro_St3d.ptt file gets open which is the Plate Thickness Table File for ProSteel. Here, we can customize plate thicknesses by the simple syntax shown in the below image. In this file, you have the ability to add plate thickness values in Metric as well as in Imperial.
6. Currently, the plate thickness values are up to 1500, as you can see in the below image.
7. Now, we will add one more value say 2000 as a metric value. While saving this file ‘Save As’ dialog box pop ups because this file is located in the write-protected Program Files. So, save this file on the desktop and then copy, paste and replace in the following path
Path: C:\Program Files\Bentley\ProStructures CONNECT Edition\ProStructures\Default\appl\Plates
8. Now, restart the application and check the newly added value in the Thickness dropdown.
Method II: Customizing by opening the file from the default location.
Whenever if you want to find the default path for any file user Configuration Variables tool.
1. Type Configuration Variables in the Search bar and open it.
2. In the search field, type ‘Plate thickness table’. Now, you can see all variables related to this file. Currently, there is only one variable i.e. PS_PLATETHICKTABLE. At the bottom, in the Expansion section, you can see the path where this (Pro_st3d.ptt) file is located.
3. Go to that path and open the Pro_st3d.ptt file in Notepad and customize as per your requirements as in the above method.
In this manner, we can customize plate thicknesses from the Plate Thickness Table File (i.e. Pro_st3d.ptt) from above both the methods.
Note for ProSteel V8i to ProSteel CONNECT Migration: If you are upgrading your software from the ProSteel V8i version to the ProSteel CONNECT version and want to have the same Plate thicknesses of the V8i version, you can simply replace CONNECT file by the V8i file.
4. Please follow Steps 7 & 8 of Method I.
How to customize plate labels from the Plate Description File in the ProSteel CONNECT Edition?https://communities.bentley.com/products/prostructures/w/structural_drafting_and_detailing__wiki/47491/how-to-customize-plate-labels-from-the-plate-description-file-in-the-prosteel-connect-edition
Activate Part Description Level in modelinghttps://communities.bentley.com/products/prostructures/w/structural_drafting_and_detailing__wiki/42010/activate-part-description-level-in-modeling