In Complex model having lot of connections and joints, the steel groups or assemblies become heavy and carry multiple joints. For those complex groups or assemblies, fabricators sometime need 3D model of individual groups in addition to 2D drawings as 2D drawings are not sufficient enough to fabricate those complex Groups. So when they have both 2D drawing and 3D model for the same group, it not only give ease of fabricators, but also ensure correctness of assembly.
ProStructures now come up with feature to export Groups, Assemblies, Sub Groups as separate 3D file which then allows fabricators to open and visualize the assembly for all the joints and connections.
This document will explain how ProStructures can able to export 3D Groups as Separate files.
Please follow below steps to export Group as separate 3D file.
1. Go to Backstage, File > Export > ProStructures File Types and click on Export
2. It will then ask you to select parts. You can select Choose All or can select specific parts. After selection is done, it will promt you witth Dialog which Export you want. From the Drop down, choose "3D Group as Separate Files"
3. By Choosing this option, one new Dialog will appear in which you can choose your Export option like
4. It then will create files in separate folders for Groups, Sub Groups and Assemblies. Here for this exercise Groups are selected. Along with this it will also create one log file saying processed and unprocessed files.
5. Open any one of the file. For example Group Pos No. 1 and following is the result.
In this way now you can create separate file for Groups.