In this document, we are going to learn how to customize bolt hole diameter and its workloose from the Hole Diameter Table File.
Please follow the below steps to achieve this.
Method I: Customizing from the Global Settings dialog box.
1. In the open area, hold the right mouse button and then click on the Options menu.
2. or go to Backstage > File > Settings > User and here at the bottom you can see Global Settings click on it to open. Global Settings and Options both are the same.
3. In the Options dialog box, click on the Dialog Settings and here change the Expert Mode from Beginner to Expert mode.
4. After changing to Expert mode, the new tab Files will appear at the bottom. Go to the Files and click on the Hole Diameter button.
5. Now, the Pro_St3d.hdt file gets open which is the Hole Diameter Table File for ProSteel. In this file, we can customize bolt hole diameter and also its workloose in both the units i.e. Metric and Imperial by using the simple syntax as shown in the below image.
6. Currently, the hole diameter values are up to 44, as you can see in the below image.
7. Now, we will add one more value say 46 as a metric value. While saving this file ‘Save As’ dialog box pop ups because this file is located in the write-protected Program Files. So, save this file on the desktop and then copy and replace in the following path
Path: C:\Program Files\Bentley\ProStructures CONNECT Edition\ProStructures\Default\appl\MechanicalFasteners\Bolts
8. Now, restart the application and check the newly added value in the Diameter dropdown menu.
Method II: Customizing by opening the file from the default location.
Whenever if you want to find the default path for any file use Configuration Variables tool.
1. Type Configuration Variables in the Search bar and open it.
2. In the search field, type ‘Hole diameter table’. Now, you can see all variables related to this file. Currently, there is only one variable i.e. PS_HOLEDIAMETERTABLE. At the bottom, in the Expansion section, you can see the path where this (Pro_st3d.hdt) file is located.
3. Go to that path and open the Pro_st3d.hdt file in Notepad and customize as per your requirements.
4. Please follow Steps 7 & 8 of Method I to customize bolt hole diameters and its workloose.
In this manner, we can customize bolt hole diameter as well as its workloose from the Hole Diameter Table File (i.e. Pro_st3d.hdt) from above both the methods.
Note for ProSteel V8i to ProSteel CONNECT migration: If you are upgrading your software from the ProSteel V8i version to the ProSteel CONNECT version and want to have the same bolt hole diameter of the V8i version, you can simply replace CONNECT file by the V8i file.
How to customize plate labels from the Plate Description File in the ProSteel CONNECT Edition?https://communities.bentley.com/products/prostructures/w/structural_drafting_and_detailing__wiki/47491/how-to-customize-plate-labels-from-the-plate-description-file-in-the-prosteel-connect-edition
How to customize plate thicknesses from the Plate Thickness Table File in the ProSteel CONNECT Edition?https://communities.bentley.com/products/prostructures/w/structural_drafting_and_detailing__wiki/47540/how-to-customize-plate-thicknesses-from-the-plate-thickness-table-file-in-the-prosteel-connect-edition
Activate Part Description Level in modelinghttps://communities.bentley.com/products/prostructures/w/structural_drafting_and_detailing__wiki/42010/activate-part-description-level-in-modeling
How to customize tooltip file to display various parameters of the steel and rebar in the tooltip?https://communities.bentley.com/products/prostructures/w/structural_drafting_and_detailing__wiki/47673/how-to-customize-tooltip-file-to-display-various-parameters-of-the-steel-and-rebar-in-the-tooltip