In this wiki, we are going to learn how to insert the 2D drawing created from the 2D Detail Center to any new model like sheet model or drawing model.
Please follow the below steps after creating a required 2D drawing in the 2D Detail Center.
1. Please check the view is assigned to a correct detail style or not, for example see the below image. The Anchor Plan view is assigned to TRN-ANCHOR_PLAN detail style.
2. Now, check the preview of the details of Anchor Plan, if everything looks good then we can move ahead.
3. Select the required View (i.e. here, Anchor Plan) and right click on it then click on Create 2D or simply click on 2D button as shown in the below image. This will generate detail blocks of each selected view and prepare them to insert into 2D drawings afterwards.
4. After the process is complete, the icon colour get changed from Gray to Blue. This means the view is get moved into the Insert tab and ready to be inserted into drawing.
5. In the Insert tab, we can see the detail directory with the name of 3D model, from here we can see the detail blocks of each view.
6. Now, open Model browser and click on the Create a new model icon.
7. In the Create Model dialog box, in Type option there are six different model you can create.In this case, we are creating a Sheet model. After selecting Sheet type, set all other parameters as per your requirements and click on the OK button.
8. Now, newly created sheet model will open, go to the Insert tab of 2D Detail Center and click on the view drawing block (i.e. here, Anchor Plan), then click on the first button located at top left as shown the below image.
9. Now, place the 2D drawing in the Sheet at a required position.
10. After placing, if you have updated the 3D model (icon in the 2D DC will became Red colour) and want to see the update in the sheet drawing then you need to go to the 2D Detail Center > View and here right click on the Anchor Plan view and click on the Update 2D drawing, after updating the Red colour converted into Green which means the 2D Drawing is get updated or inserted into new model or sheet model.
In this manner, we can place a 2D drawing into the new sheet model or drawing model via 2D Detail Center.
How to apply newly created Text Style to Title of 2D Drawings and also how to change vertical distance of Title Text?https://communities.bentley.com/products/prostructures/w/structural_drafting_and_detailing__wiki/43893/how-to-apply-newly-created-text-style-to-title-of-2d-drawings-and-also-how-to-change-vertical-distance-of-title-text
How to Change Color, Line Style and Line Weight In 2D Drawings by using 2D Detail Center?https://communities.bentley.com/products/prostructures/w/structural_drafting_and_detailing__wiki/43862/how-to-change-color-line-style-and-line-weight-in-2d-drawings-by-using-2d-detail-center