Making changes in data entries of the Shapes Database file does not update in the model. In this case, we will check for the Item Number changes.
1) Copy the required Shapes Database file to a local location on your computer (for ex. On desktop)
2) You can then open the same *.MDB file in any Database application like Microsoft Access, etc. and then enter the data in the relevant columns.
3) For this case, we are making changes in the artikel column in the table in the database file for Item Number
4) After this, save the file and then copy & replace this modified *.MDB file to the default location from where the Shapes data is retrieved for ProStructures on your machine.
By default, the location would be - C:\Program Files\Bentley\ProStructures CONNECT Edition\ProStructures\Default\appl\Shapes
5) Then close the ProStructures session (if running) and restart the application. After this, invoke the Key-in dialog box and use the prostructure reload references key and hit enter.
6) This will reload all shapes databases and file references that may have been modified since the last ProStructures session, which can review from the Message Center.
7) Now, try placing the shapes and you will see that the changes made to the shapes database file is not updated and reflecting while placing shapes in its properties.
In this manner, you can use the same approach to update any information change made in the database files for ProStructures.