Extra material entries appear in the material assignment section even after tailoring the ProStructuresMaterial.MDB to limited required materials.
1) This extra materials that appear in the material assignment drop-down list is from the Structure Property Catalog (SPC).
2) You can review this in the Configuration Variables set up in the ProStructures application. You can simply type ‘Configuration Variables’ in the Search bar OR navigate to the backstage at File > Settings > Configuration
3) Here, search for PS_SPC_ACTIVE variable and check for the current value. As seen, the value is set to 1 and hence the materials related to the Structure Property Catalog (SPC) are displayed along with the materials you have set in your ProStructuresMaterial.MDB file.
4) Now, click on the Edit button and then set the value of this variable to 0. Then click on Ok.
5) After this, save the file and restart the ProStructures application.
6) Now, while inserting new shapes you will see that only the entries that you have available in the ProStructuresMaterial.MDB are displayed and the extra material entries have been removed.