While modelling steel structures, one may need to insert / created plates with grids OR web-gratings of custom dimensions as per custom, delivered by manufactures. In this case, one can add these grating shape dimensions along with allied data to ProStructures. This document will guide you on how to create a separate custom table for web-grating shapes.
1) In the Plates/Ployplates dialog box, navigate to the Options tab. Here click on the folder button as seen in the picture below. This will direct you to the default folder location where the Eb-Grating database is stored i.e. C:\Program Files\Bentley\ProStructures CONNECT Edition\ProStructures\Default\appl\Plates\Metric
2) Then select the existing PlatePanelsMetric.mdb and copy the same to a local folder (like desktop) for editing.
3) You can then add data tables to this folder according to your requirement.
4) After this, save the file and rename if required. If you want the original data table to be available, you can just add a table in the existing *.MDB database file and replace it at the original location mentioned in Step-1
5) Now, on completion of this step, restart the ProStructures application.
6) Again, choose the Plates tool and go to the Options tab. Here you can now choose the folder button again and select the location where the modified *.MDB file is stored.
7) You will then notice the drop-down list with the newly created table in the *.MDB Select the new table and move to the Web Grating tab.
8) You can then see the new table with the required plate data ready to be placed in the model. Just select one entry and place the same in your model.
how to load the web grating libraries in prosteel prostructures tn